For information and dates on Upcoming Seminars please call (316) 932-2361.
If you are a business or organization please give us a call about customizing a seminar to fit your business needs.
TOP SPEAKER NASN 2014
Vendla Smith was the TOP SPEAKER at the National Association of School Nurses Convention 2014 in San Antonio.
For more information about seminars and presentations please contact us by calling 316-932-2361.
About our Medical Seminars…
Professionals gain the ability to quickly use targeted and practical Medical Spanish phrases and basic Spanish knowledge with interpersonal and cross-cultural training. We don’t give a list of words and phrases; we teach how to fully communicate through the use of interpersonal, cultural, and verbal skills.
Need a group seminar? We can come to your facility and customize! Ask us how!
Topics Covered in Level 1:
Basic Spanish- Level 1
• Key Words and Phrases
• Tearing Down Walls/Building Up Trust
• Days/Months/Dates/Time/Making Appointments
• Pack Your Bags
Medical Spanish – Level 1
• Informational Questions
• Parts of the Body
• Talking about pain
• Asking About History
• Asking About Symptoms
• Present Illness/Injury
• High vs. Low Emotive Personalities
Topics covered in Level 2:
Basic Spanish – Level 2
• More About Pronunciation
• Introducing Yourself and Asking Informational Questions
• How crisis effects language
• Subject Pronouns
• 15 most common verbs
• Asking and answering questions (yo,tú,él/ella)
• Packing a Bigger Bag
Medical Spanish – Level 2
• More About body and talking about pain
• Expressing symptoms and illness/injury
• A little about Cultural Proficiency
• Talking About Specific Medical Areas
Topics covered in Level 3:
Basic Spanish – Level 3
• Professional Introductions
• The 6 levels of Cultural Proficiency
• 30 most common verbs
• Asking and answering questions in all forms
• Useful Verbs (Tener, Ser, Estar, Ir)
• Items in a hospital room and clinic
Medical Spanish – Level 3
• Getting specific about Body and Pain
• Asking about History
• Tips and Tricks for Language Proficiency
• Talking About Foods and Nutrition
• Home Health Personnel
• Physical Therapists
• Occupational Therapists
• Admissions Representatives
• Doctors of Chiropractic
• Respiratory Therapists
• Specialized Medical Spanish Manual
• Handy Pocket Guide
Spanish Today For Medical Professionals Level 1
Kansas Nurses: 6.8 hours
Approved as a provider of continuing nursing education by the Kansas State Board of Nursing. This offering is approved for 6.8 contact hours applicable for RN, LPN, APRN, or LMHT relicensure. Kansas Board of Nursing Provider Number: SP1319-1115
Kansas Physical Therapists: 6.0 hours
Approved as a provider of continuing physical therapy education by the Kansas Physical Therapists Association.
Kansas Occupational Therapists: 6.0 hours
Approved as a provider of continuing occupational therapy education by the Kansas Occupational Therapy Association.
Others: If your profession is not listed, please contact your board to determine how to receive credit.
Zinta Healthcare Blogs